Friday, October 2, 2015

Weekend Cooking

September 2015 - Dromoland Ireland

Click here for photos of a rather damp day. But afternoon tea made it all better.

WARNING - do not read this if you just got up and there is nothing in the house but toast.



We booked tea for 2:30. Mrs. White's Afternoon Tea is named for a kitchen maid that worked for many years at the castle.


I can't think of a better place to be when it is lashing rain outside.




 Sandwiches - salmon, crab, egg, ham, that I remember. I think there was a tapenade also but I wouldn't touch that in a million years.






I do not like tomato chutney but this was delicious!







Weekend Cooking hosted by www.BethFishReads.com

Beth hosts Weekend Cooking where you can post anything food related.



8 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhh, now I wish, wish, wish I could go to high tea. No place here serves tea. I guess I could make my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely! Ireland is very high on my list of places I want to visit and this tea looks like a delightful way to spend the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An afternoon tea really is a full meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous tea - and the word "tea" is certainly an understatement. I have to go to Honolulu for the closest equivalent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that car in lyour header! Cheers from Carole's Chatter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing. I love high tea and always try to find a place for it wherever I am. Any suggestions on where to go before Christmas-I am not looking for a beach vacation. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to find good places to travel at that time of year. I'm not a beach person either. Love Arizona. I think a Christmas Market river cruise could be fun if you don't mind the cold. Mexico is always a favourite of mine but I know it doesn't appeal to everyone. Send me an email if you want to talk more.

      Delete
  7. I love afternoon tea. I took my mother-in-law to tea at the Plaza in NYC and we had such a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.