Monday, October 19, 2015

Song-ography


November 2000 - Winslow AZ

The first time we went to Arizona, Sedona specifically, we kept seeing signs on the highway heading towards Winslow that read "Standing on the Corner". We racked our brains and couldn't think what it meant other than the old song "Standing on the corner, watching all the girls go by".

Duh.






Take It Easy - The Eagles

Well, I'm a standing on a corner 
in Winslow, Arizona 
and such a fine sight to see 
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed 
Ford slowin' down to take a look at me 

Needless to say we belt that song out whenever we hear it now.

FAST FORWARD TO 2012 and we are retired and spending our first winter in warmer climes. It is December and we have embarked on our first cross country drive that will see us end in Los Angeles (and then fly to Mexico).  We will cover 15 fifteen XV states.

We HAVE to stop in Wnslow.









It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed 













Song-ography is hosted by You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, a fantastic photographer and funny lady.

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to "get my kicks on Route 66."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is a classic! Too cool! Thanks for sharing at Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to drive down Route 66!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine that statue's popular for photo ops!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.