Thursday, May 21, 2015

Weekend Cooking



May 2015 - Toronto ON

We decided to go out for brunch last Saturday. Our choice was Lisa Marie's on Queen St. W.


Created by Matt Basile, known for his popular food truck, Fidel Gastro, I had passed it several times and even stopped for a beer with a friend last summer. It was featured on You Gotta Eat Here a week ago which reminded me that they do brunch.

We made reservations online for 11:15 and after a long search for a parking spot arrived on time. It wasn't full but it was definitely popular. This is an up and coming trendy area and the restaurant was populated with young couples and lots of baby strollers.



It is quaint and rather stark,with large posters of Elvis on the wall. Servers are extremely pleasant.

We started with The Getaway Car a Bloody Caesar served with an olive and shrimp  spear. The glass is heavily rimmed with smoky paprika. The drink was a little watery due to the large amount of ice.




This is not a standard bacon and eggs joint.
The menu is short with items like 'The Peameal, Eh" and "Bacon Explosion Benedict" which got John's attention.

Two smoked and grilled bacon explosion patties topped with two poached eggs and jalapeƱo hollandaise on brioche bread. John (not a huge fan of Benedict) said the eggs were perfect and the sauce was very good but not much of a hint of the jalapeno.

We both opted for the fries done in in duck fat. YIKES!! Too good!!


I then had the Muskoka special, 2 eggs, bacon, sausage and 2 brioche. The sausage was too garlicky for me with breakfast, just my taste. The brioche were excellent!!!

4 comments:

  1. The Muskoka special seems to appeal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fries in duck fat -- YUM! The place sounds like it has an inventive menu. I think I'd like to try it out, and I love the name of the food truck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drooling here. I'd love to try those fries, and probably everything else on offer...:). Thanks for linking up! #TPThursday

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.