Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Travel Photo Thursday


Badge for Travel Photo Thursday, Budget Travelers Sandbox
I'm posting over at The Budget Travelers' Sandbox 

January 2015 - Las Vegas

Some night shots along the Strip.




As per Wikipedia - At 42.3 billion candela, the Luxor Sky Beam is the strongest beam of light in the world. Using computer designed, curved mirrors to collect the light from 39 xenon lamps and focus them into one intense, narrow beam, engineers claimed that newspaper can be read from a distance as far as 10 miles. This however, was later revealed to be a false claim. The light beam, however, was still unarguably bright. On a clear night, the Sky Beam is visible up to 275 miles (443 km) away by aircraft at cruising altitude, such as over Los Angeles.
I managed to get this shot from the car!


Taken by John through the sunroof! Traffic lights are so long in this town that you can keep yourself entertained.











5 comments:

  1. I recognize the Bellagio fountains in there. I wouldn't mind seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing I like more than the lights of The Strip at night! Great shots and lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know many people hate the idea of Vegas but I get a kick out of it. I actually appreciate the creativity that goes into some of the hotel themes and attractions. Sometimes travel can just be fun and frivolous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while since I've been to Vegas. You've reminded me that I really need to return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Creating Images.Very Pleasant and useful information,

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.