Saturday, January 22, 2011

365 Decluttering - Week 3

So far so good, it is nice getting everything sorted and cleaned. Because, of course, when you start emptying stuff you then end up cleaning it out.

Perfect example on Sunday I decided to go through my bowl of match books from various places. This meant emptying it out, taking photos of the interesting ones, washing the bowl. Now I need to see if there is any value to some of these.

Sunday - match books - found several cards etc that didn't belong in there. Garbage.
Also found some old pens and stuff in my camera bag that were broken.
A box in my box collection that didn't mean anything to me and also was way too big for my collection criteria - charity pile.
Sorted through the stuff on shelf as you come in the door, various keys were collected and put in 1 place - the sewing machine drawer. Will need to find a use for these.
Found an old timer in the drawer - charity.
Wanted to make a cake that used molasses, however it ended up being thrown out as it expired in 2007!
Have another bread recipe that requires orange peel so when we finished our oranges I took the peel and chopped it in blender and it is now in the freezer for whenever we need it!


Monday - 2 books received as a gift that I know I will never read. Likely given to a friend who will like them.

Tuesday - put on white shirt for work and decided I didn't like the fit. Charity.

Wednesday - straps that are supposed to keep your fitted sheets on the bed. Charity.

Thursday - incense???? Why did I have this in the kitchen?

Friday - 3 months of old cable magazine and 1 2010 calendar. Recycle.

Saturday - monthly 2010 house bills entered on spreadsheet and shredded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.