Sunday, January 16, 2011

365 Decluttering - Week 2

Sunday
While looking for something else, came across old digital camera that I thought we had already gotten rid of. Found a 2GB card in it and added it to our others.

DH went through some old CDs with obsolete software that went into the garbage.

Two shirts into the charity pile.

Decided to go through the fridge and cupboards to take stock (see this related post).
Combined the 2 open maple syrups into the favoured container and discarded the other container.
Threw out the jar of tahini as it had no expiration date and I have no idea how long its been there.
Also thrown out was a jar of Coleman's mustard - not the dry kind, I am ashamed to admit that the best by date was 2002!

Also found was a pastry mix - will be used for chicken pot pie shortly.
A biryani mix - which will also be used soon.
One old baking powder tin went into the garbage as there was a new unopened one. As well as the sticky sesame jar. OH and I found a new sesame jar unopened with expiry date of late 2010, will hang on to it for now.

Need to find a use for some of the cereal we bought because it was on special that we don't really like.
Emptied opened box into container.
Used the box as a temporary home for all the loose hot chocolates there were there. When I go to the Dollar store I will get a basket to hold these loose items.

Found a jar of kalbi jiim that can be used to make Korean spare ribs using this recipe. I just won't be making the sauce from scratch this time.

Why do we have a fajita kit when we normally make them from scratch? Use this up shortly.

There is also a jar of marmalade that I wanted to make cranberry muffins with orange marmalade glaze from http://www.eatathome.com/. And/or perhaps these orange marmalade cranberry sweet rolls. Or perhaps vegan-recipe-damp-orange-cake-with-marmalade-glaze or even chocolate-cranberry-orange-marmalade-cookies from a new blog  In the Kitchen with Polly I just found.

Put the opened bag of noodles into the correct container.

I have a container from a gift of scotch that my husband received from a neighbour as a thank you for being his computer tech support throughout the year that I want to use for storage but not sure for what as I already have one I use for spaghetti.


Next large job to tackle is spice organization!

Monday - Wore my black turtleneck to work and now it is in the charity pile. It reminded me of an an article I read about turtlenecks being one of the worst things to wear so it is gone!

Tuesday - found my new winter coat, purple!! Old coat immediately into charity pile.

Wednesday - found 2 little purses/bags I bought in Greece and brought them in for 2 coworkers.

Thursday - randomly found an orange shirt I don't like. Gone.

Friday - sorted through the vitamin collection, combined and discarded some.
Took the juice container and the measuring container from the hand blender and will put in the basement to see if I miss them.

Saturday - Phoned friend's daughter that is moving into her own place at end of month and offered some kitchen stuff. She will be getting 2 small round Pyrex dishes that i never use which were taking up room on top shelf of cupboard.
I aslo decided I did not need 2 thermos warmers. I got rid of the green one as it was marked inside. I love using these for gravy for a large crowd, so much more sensible than a gravy boat!

Pondering
2 year collection of Photoshop magazines  - keep/sell/give away?? Just checked out their website and it really has everything one would need on it, tutorials etc. Also looked on Ebay and saw lots of back issues for sale with no takers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.