Sunday, January 30, 2011

2011 Week 4 Eating


Sunday - I made a HUGE chicken pot pie with boneless, skinless chicken thighs, lots of veggies and homemade stock for the sauce. It was COTC (clean out the cupboard) for the pastry, I had a box of Robin Hood which I used to make the top. It was delicious! And it also was served 2 lunches.
And I also made these cinnamon cream cheese breakfast bars for during the week. They were very good, but run rather expensive since they use refrigerated rolls. I might try making them with phyllo pastry in future.

Monday - leftover chicken pot pie.

Tuesday - pigs' hocks with Brussel sprouts and boiled potatoes. They were a little dry as I had cooked them on Sunday thinking to reduce the time.

Wednesday - spaghetti and sauce. DH has been stocking up on sauce when it is on sale.

Thursday - Again, COTC, made Spanakopita from Kevin's Closet Cooking. Since finding this recipe I haven't used another one. The phyllo pastry was in the freezer, the spinach and feta were bought for this and we had leftover tzatziki to serve with it.

Friday - ordered chicken kickers and pizza from Dominos.

Saturday - made a big lamb curry using up whatever we had which meant carrots and potatoes with homemade chicken stock. Served over rice and with naan bread from freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.