20 July 2026

Monday Mural

 I'm linking up at Monday Mural

April 2026 - Toronto ON Part 3

All these murals were down the same laneway that come out on Ossington, from Dundas W.

D. Terra
This mural features a portrait of Canadian singer The Weeknd (Abel Tesfaye).


D. Terra
 The stencil art features Amália Rodrigues and Mariza, both celebrated figures in the Fado music genre.
The text "Nem às paredes confesso..." translates to "I don't even confess to the walls...", a famous line from a song popularised by Amália Rodrigues.



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Fado, particularly the music of Mariza! Is there a photo to accompany your description of that mural? The one of The Weeknd is very well done -- it must be the garage of a True Fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not familiar with that Canadian singer. The Fado singers music is missing Jackie, or is it for next week? Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.

Taylor Farms Cheat Sheet

 July 2026 - Toronto ON I'm not sure how much applies here in Canada, but I did see Taylor Farms salads in Rabba the other day. Longo...