Saturday, March 2, 2024

Jacked Up Coffee

  Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reader

March 2024 - Toronto ON

Yorkville Toronto ON


The weekend passed in a blur. Several loads of laundry got done, some housework. Tidied up some dresser drawers. John did some plumbing maintenance.
 I made two loaves of pumpkin cranberry bread, guacamole, chimichurri. 
The bread took forever to bake, I finally cut it in half to get done.


I worked on some upcoming blogs, did more photo editing etc.

We finally had a nice sunset.



Monday's mural was taken earlier this month.


On Monday I went shopping in the Eatonqu Centre, this mural was in a new store.


It was a nice day for posing!


I bought this baby gift for one of our concierges.


Tuesday we had thunder and lightning storms and even hail in some spots.
John did a trip to the charity shop with two bags.

In the Chef's Hall.




I bought a box of gluten free brigadeiros that I had sampled last week. They are very good but on the pricey side. 


Bus driver brought me another curry to try.


Wednesday John had a couple of appointments so I met him for lunch in the new Scotia Plaza Market Eatery. John tired Tong Mein, a gluten free Asian place, he had the jerk beef salad noodle bowl, he wasn't very impressed with it. I tried the crab cakes from Market Street Catch. 


Wednesday's temperature went from a warm day and then did a drop of 10C degrees in 15 minutes! Then the winds came.

Thursday morning was extremely cold and we had planned on going for breakfast and then to the AGO, but it was too cold so we had breakfast and took walk to CIBC Square where I had been a couple of weeks ago.



We stepped outside for a different view of the city. CIBC is building another tower.





Alas TD, you have lost U!


Chilly outing for these beauties on York St.


Friday John went to Service Ontario to renew his health card, he couldn't renew online for some strange reason. Then he took his golf clubs to be regripped and picked up some groceries.
We headed downtown for our weekly coffee date.

I had a destination in mind and wanted to show John the sculpture and building I found last week.
Click on photo to get the full impact of the staircase and reflection.



We found another coffee shop that was not on my list, Au Pain Doré on Adelaide.


We stepped out of our usual comfort zone and ordered macchiatos. It would have been nice if they had served it in a proper espresso cup.
It would be a great place to have a croissant or sandwich on a baguette.

Caffè macchiato, sometimes called espresso macchiato, is an espresso coffee drink with a small amount of milk, usually foamed. In Italian, macchiato means "stained" or "spotted", so the literal translation of caffè macchiato is "stained coffee" or "marked coffee".


John's new emoji! Note the neon cafe sign reflection.


I cannot believe John's replacement Nexus card arrived today, a week after submitting a request.



COOKING

Saturday leftover flank steak, gravy, and foiled baked potatoes, onions and peppers.


Sunday John suggested steak frites
Monday pork chops mashed potato/turnip.carrots and broccolini
Tuesday curry chicken using the Chief curry mix, we didn't find it very spicy, I added additional spices.


Wednesday bacon, eggs and rosti. No bacon, we forgot it in the oven!! Rosti - note to self let the shredded potatoes soak in cold water until ready to pat dry and cook.
Thursday coconut shrimp curry using the new mix with rice and broccolini. This was a good recipe and the fish masala was good too.
Friday steak and loaded baked potatoes.



WATCHING

We finished the series Vigil - From the makers of LINE OF DUTY, in this police procedural, the mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler and a death on-board the submarine HMS Vigil bring the police into conflict with the Navy and British security services. DCI Amy Silva (Suranne Jones) and DS Kirsten Longacre (Rose Leslie) lead an investigation on land and at sea into a conspiracy that goes to the very heart of Britain’s national security.
Season 2 - When a weapons test turns deadly and allies from the Middle East are among the deceased, all eyes are on DCI Amy Silva, who tries to ignore the politics to find the truth.
Very good series.


READING




I gave up on The Invisible Hour as I could see where the story was going and I wasn't interested.

I really got into Just My Luck, Imagine winning the lottery!! I truly disliked her husband, and his ridiculous spending. I couldn't see what Lexi saw in him. We all know the horror stories about lottery winners but this book is full of interesting effects. There are several WOW I didn't see that coming moments!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I like the murals you found and those are nice views from CIBC Square. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find the most interesting things to share with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the coolest artwork. I wish we had more art around here. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary when trust is lost! lol

    I wonder why sometimes the bread doesn't cook all the way through. I sometimes have that problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, It is very annoying! It seems it happens to a lot of people, I'm guessing temperature plays a big part.

      Delete
  5. I like brigadeiros but I find them to very rich so I only eat one at a time and enjoy it slowly.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.