Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Finds

1. Starts with D

2. Week's Favorite

3. Close Up


The first two will be the same, except we’ll work our way through the alphabet. The second can be a favorite image or activity from the week. The third will be different each time.


Friday Finds   ABC Wednesday



Letter D - I'm am working through this round using cities/towns we've visited over the years.
I will keep a running list at the bottom of the Friday post.

Delft The Netherlands
Click here to read about our visit in 2012.

Delft is located in the province of South Holland, to the north of Rotterdam and south of The Hague.

Delft is known for its historic town centre with canals, Delft Blue pottery, the Delft University of Technology, painter Johannes Vermeer and scientist Antony van Leeuwenhoek, and its association with the royal House of Orange-Nassau.







WEEKS FAVOURITE -  taken today at Palazzo.



CLOSE UP - John got this from our unit.


Without a zoom.




ALPHABET AROUND THE WORLD

  1. Alice Springs, Australia 
  2. Bratislava, Slovakia
  3. Cartagena Columbia

8 comments:

  1. "D"elft "D"oes it and have a zooming good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In April of this year I hope to go to Amsterdam and I particularly like your photograph with the reflection in it. It is also a lovely photograph of the two of you. That is annexment close-up of those carriages on the big wheel. Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents visited Delft from time to time. I'd love to see it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photographs from Delft are lovely - looks like you had great weather for your visit. The picture of you with the year of the rooster decorations in the background is super! No way would I get on that big wheel! Yikes! I'm such a scaredy-cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful choise for D.... for me more special ofcourse -)

    Have a nice ABC-Wednesday / _ Week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc=w=team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-20d/
    (want to take a preview at the new url starting round 21 ? http://abcwednesday.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the image with the peacock from Delft. I am impressed with all the places you've traveled. Maybe a little jealous too. :-) Great picture of the two of you. Looks like you're having a good time! Thanks for joining Friday's Hunt. Sorry I'm so late visiting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your reflection photo. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That one pic looks like giant robots!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.