Wednesday, July 27, 2016

My Recipe Box - Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef

I have seen hundreds of recipes for slow cooker Mongolian beef online that are pretty much all the same. Some claim this is as good as P.F. Chang's, I have made P.F. Chang's and this IS better.

I made this for the first time. John pronounced as a keeper so here it is. I found it a little salty due to the amount of soy.






Red are my additions.

Ingredients
4 SERVINGS

1 ½ pounds Flank Steak, sliced
¼ cups Cornstarch
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
½ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
¾ cups Soy Sauce I used gluten free soy
¾ cups Water
¾ cups Brown Sugar
½ cups grated Carrot
⅓ cups slice Green Onion (Scallion)
Green peppers
Snow peas
Onions
Sriracha sauce (hot chili sauce)
Chinese 5 spice
Ginger



Directions


Coat flank steak pieces in cornstarch. Add remainder of ingredients to crockpot and stir well to combine. Place flank steak into the crockpot and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
Serve over rice.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it would have been less salty with low sodium Tamari sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might avoid the hot sauces, but everything else about it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what flank steak is- the kind you use for braising?- but it certainly sounds good. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.