Sunday, November 1, 2015

Monday Mural

I'm linking up at Monday Mural hosted by Oakland Daily Photo.


October 2015 - La Quinta CA

While in Palm Springs we went to the La Quinta Historical Museum. 
Drop by tomorrow to see more of the exhibits.


The museum is home to a 32 foot long mural painted by former resident Andre Blanche. The mural depicts life throughout the decades in La Quinta and is a perfect illustration of why we are referred to as "The Gem of the Desert."

I had to take many shots to show the detail.











And hidden among the rocks is a self-portrait.




8 comments:

  1. That's a thorough mural! I especially like the golfer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's an amazing mural. I"m trying to imagine what it looks like when you can see all 32 feet at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does show a lot of history and I must admit the golfer caught my eye too :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's quite a mural! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Such beautiful work.
    Thank you for sharing this awesome art.

    ReplyDelete