Recipe and image source
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- 1/3 of a large ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute of choice
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
Place all ingredients except the chocolate chips into blender or food processor. Process or puree until ingredients form a smooth batter. Pour into prepared pan, sprinkle with chocolate chips, nuts, or swirl in peanut butter and bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean and top of the brownies begin to crack.
Cool pan completely on wire rack then cut into 16 squares.