Thursday, May 2, 2013

Travel Photo Thursday

I'm posting over at The Budget Travelers' Sandbox

While waiting for the Hop On Hop Off tour in Waterlooplein  in Amsterdam October 2012 traffic began backing up. Being curious, we turned around and realized that the bridge over the canal was lifting. I have tried to figure out what the writing means.

UPDATE - as Karen at 21 Wits mentioned in the Comments, I followed up on the link she mentioned and that is the same bridge mentioned in the article on City Poems.

The writing is a city poem on the Vaz Diasbrug  bridge on the street considered to be Amsterdam's ugliest street Wibautstraat. You can read the poem at the link above.


5 comments:

  1. I have n idea what the writing means but it's a great photo showing the bridge up. I wonder how often that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so curious too, that I had to go to my friend, Mr. Google and I think this is called a city poem. Here's a link to what I found. http://www.inspiringcities.org/citypoem-92-amsterdam-2-2/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amsterdam is a fun place visiting from Photo Thursday http://www.eileenludwig.com/rugged-oregon-coast-awash-in-driftwood-logs/

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.