Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gardening



I have a mission to rid my garden of a pesky weed which I usually describe as looking like strawberry leaves for want of a better name. Thanks to Blogland I now know what it is!
According to this article it is Gill-over-the-ground, Creeping Charlie, Catsfoot, Run-away-robin, Hedge maids, Alehoof, Tunhoof ... these are just a few of the names given to ground ivy, a member of the mint family found in moist shady areas, along hedgerows and buildings, and creeping through gardens and lawns. Though often considered a weed, the plant's aromatic leaves have played an important role in culinary history.


 Also based on the comments in this post I am not the only person determine to annihilate this from my garden!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.