Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Recipe Box - Buffalo Chicken

I have been trying  to recreate this dish that I order when the "girls" and I go to lunch at the Fox and Fiddle.
It is called Buffalo Chicken and is basically bite sized pieces of chicken in hot sauce. I think they use dark meat. I did some googling but most recipes used breadcrumbs and I didn't want to use them - even though I make my own breadcrumbs. Could use gluten free.
I took some boneless, skinless breasts and cut them into pieces. Marinated them for a while in hot sauce - the only one there is - Frank's Red Hot. Then I dusted them with gluten free flour and a little more hot sauce and sauted them until they were cooked and golden brown.
They were delish!! Served with a spinach and strawberry salad, with homemade balsamic dressing and a sprinkling of pecans.
Picture isn't "picture perfect" I only remembered to snap it with my Blackberry!

1 comment:

  1. I think your version looks better than the pub one! Definitely the salad is more posh...

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.