Saturday, September 23, 2023

Glacial Coffee

 Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reader

September 2023 - Toronto ON

August 2023 - Skagway Alaska


Another uneventful week, which is fine by me.

I got caught up on blog posts.

 John went for his passport pictures on Monday so we had lunch out and did a little shopping. He tried Pi Co which has gluten free pizza dough, made fresh.



I caught up with my cousin about their trip to Ireland.

Glad to see that one of my postcards made it to the States, Elizabeth posted it here. I sent two to an English blogger and she received those in less than a week. A Canadian friend received his two as well.

I treated myself to a sushi lunch. John golfed twice and had his last golf lesson.

I met my BFF for lunch at Wvrst, we hadn't been there since the spring. A burger for me and ham and cheese for her.

A clear beautiful day and we have an accident. The dark car was actually sideways into the median...


Another day I heard odd siren noises and looked out to see this bicycle race/parade.



Friday evening I looked out at this. Somebody important must be visiting as cops stopped all the traffic heading into town for a cavalcade.


And we had a nice sunset!



We are leaving Saturday morning for a week up north in Haliburton so we've been gathering items to take with us. We will only have a partial kitchen, so probably lunches out and light suppers. 



COOKING

Saturday corned beef (had been frozen since whenever) Brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes.

Sunday burgers (frozen patties)

Monday salad ham

Tuesday stuffed green peppers

Wednesday chicken tenders and salad

Thursday chips eggs and beans

Friday steak baked potato and broccoli

WATCHING

We finished Mad Men.

I tried to watch Lost Girls, an American mystery drama film. The film revolves around the murders of young female sex workers on the South Shore barrier islands of Long Island, committed by the Long Island serial killer, who remains unknown, but for which a suspect was charged July 14, 2023. But I gave up on it, it is a good story but it just felt drawn out and choppy.


READING

The House of Eve was a predictable story set in the 1940s, young girl gets pregnant. Ruby's story was a much better read for me than Eleanor. But I was surprised and saddened at the abrupt ending!!

I tried reading Lilac Girls but couldn't get passed the first few chapters. I couldn't feel anything for any of these girls, their stories just weren't developed enough for me.

13 comments:

  1. Too bad those books didn't work for you. Hopefully you will find others to grab your interest. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not eventful for you but rather eventful on the expressway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drivers are so stupid these days, always on their phones.

      Delete
  3. I own a few books by the author of lilac girls but they just haven't called to me yet. Maybe one day. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing your adventures up north. And that's exactly how we eat when we vacation---a nice lunch out, and a little dinner in.

    What a great lookout on the city you have from your place. Lots of drama below!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having great weather to be out and about. Yes, we are constantly drawn to the drama! If we were on the other side of the building we would only have Lake Ontario!

      Delete
  5. Your views are stunning. Happy travels to Haliburton!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have a great viewpoint from your windows! We had a hotel room with freeway views recently and it was irresistible.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you love the ending of Mad Men?

    You sure do see some beautiful sites and INTERESTING goings ons from your windows. I envy that view so much!

    Drooling over the pizza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the ending to be deflating. It was all wrapped up too neatly and quickly. Not bad for a gluten free pizza!

      Delete
  8. Oh that pizza looks so delicious! That sunset is stunning! Hope you have great travels.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.