Saturday, January 1, 2022

Featured Canadian Artist of the Day



There is Light on the Horizon
Wilf Perrault 2019


Wilf Perreault was born in 1947 in the small French community of Albertville, Saskatchewan. He grew up in Saskatoon, taking art lessons from Ernest Lindner, his next-door neighbour. Under the tutelage of Otto Rogers and Bill Epp, he studied sculpture at the University of Saskatchewan, graduating in 1970. Perreault then moved to Regina. He taught high school art until the 1980s, when he started enjoying enough success in painting to paint full time.

Perreault's oil, acrylic, and watercolour paintings have been exhibited widely since his first solo exhibition at the MacKenzie Art Gallery in Regina in 1978. He is best known for his “back alley” paintings depicting urban back lanes.

7 comments:

  1. ...it looks like a photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying learning abut these artists. I really like this particular piece today. The sky is a great color and he nailed the warm glow coming from the house windows. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear this looks like a photo, Jackie. I'm loving this series, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a new artist to me and I have a feeling I wil show more of his great work.

      Delete
  4. Another extremely good work. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.