Wednesday, September 22, 2021

My Recipe Box - BBQ Chicken Quarters/Thighs

 June 2021 - Toronto ON

REVISED DECEMBER 2021



I first made this in June 2021 and we fell in love with it. Years ago I used to pick up packaged BBQ chicken quarters for myself if I was cooking for me. Then I couldn't find them anymore.

Chicken quarters are not found everywhere but Longo's always has them so I started buying them this year. 

December 2021 Revisions

I revised this recipe so that you could make a container of the spice mix and store it with your spices to speed up the preparation.
Chicken thighs (bone in skin on) could also be used.
Air fryer instructions have been added.


 





Ingredients

2 whole chicken leg quarters
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons seasoning salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, finely chopped (for garnish – optional)



Instructions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Position the chicken quarters onto the baking sheet, making sure that none of pieces overlap. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour the oil over them.
In a bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients or use your prepared jar.
Using a silicone basting brush, evenly brush the chicken pieces, using up all of the basting sauce. Add the spices to the bowl and massage the chicken to evenly distribute the mixture.
Can easily be made as a one pan meal.
Place in oven and bake for 90 minutes.

   
Remove from oven, garnish, and serve immediately.

AIR FRYER
Place chicken in air fryer basket, skin down first. 380 F degrees for 25 minutes, check after 15 minutes. Flip and continue cooking for 10 more minutes. 

4 comments:

  1. With those seasoning the chicken should be mighty good.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only like the breasts. And indeed, that´s waiting for me with mushrooms and lemon in the fridge :-)
    Feet... I must be starving to try those....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the few types of meat which is reasonably priced here, everything has gone up in price so much.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.