Sunday, August 11, 2024

Bake My Day and The Bean

 August 2024 - Toronto ON

Stratford ON

This was really an unremarkable week with few outings and no photos! Monday was a holiday. John golfed on Wednesday and I went shopping.
He was supposed to golf on Friday but we had rain as a result of the now tropical storm Debby.
Instead he used the golf simulator. 
It finally cleared up in the afternoon and we did a quick run to St. Lawrence Market. But it was really hot and humid out. 

Front St.






COOKING

Saturday steak, sauteed mushrooms, onions and peppers with garlic baguette
Sunday lamb curry with onion bhajis (Curry Guy's). We also got three lunches out of the leftovers.
Tuesday meatloaf with cheesy potato topping and carrots
Wednesday fish chowder
Thursday pork chops, mashed potatoes and cauliflower, sauteed cabbage
Friday steak (market) baked potato and broccolini

We had the rhubarb pie from Anna Mae's. Delicious!



WATCHING

We finished bingeing on MasterChef Australia season 15. I had seen it but John wanted to see it with Jock (RIP) as a judge. Now to try some recipes.

Sleeping Dogs Suffering from memory loss, a former homicide detective (Russell Crowe) tries to solve a brutal murder that he can't recall. As he pieces together evidence from a decade-old investigation, he soon uncovers a sinister web of buried secrets tied to his forgotten past.

READING

Finders Keepers another great Belinda Bauer read.

Admission I love an academic novel and I love a good long read. I never thought about the admissions process. I really liked the long descriptions of the students' applications, and the little blurbs from pretend application essays that were before each chapter.

I started The Good Turn by Dervla Mc Tiernan, set in Galway, always love her books!

Gluten-Free Small Bites is an excellent baking guide. I am thinking of buying it...

1 comment:

  1. Am I glad I have me defrosted, self-made onion cake reading your post!
    Sounds yummy!!!
    It´s summer, finally, so I do some reading, also! Have a happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.