Saturday, October 21, 2023

Red Mammoth Bistro

  Linking up with Marg at The Intrepid Reader


October 2023 - Toronto ON

August 2023 - Dawson City Yukon

I didn't capture our daily routines but it was a quiet week. 

John asked for another pumpkin cheesecake.



The plumber came and fixed the back toilet. It was leaking purple water because there was a crack in the gasket. He also replaced all the innards. Where did the purple come from? It seems whoever lived here before us would use those plastic (purple) cleaning gels in the tank and they had settled into a gloopy plastic mess in the tank. We only saw it because the crack developed.

John played golf and picked up his new clubs.

I had placed a Wag Jag order for 6 10oz Wagyu steaks for $120. Delicious!




He did a Costco run, but didn't get any meat, we need to use up what's in the freezer as we need a new one. We want frost-free and don't want one with the plastic shelves that break off.

I went to Winners several times. The first time I picked up this for John. No plugs.


I also got a new winter coat. Me, texting my BFF for her opinion!


Some Halloween mugs for sale.



I went into a new health food store to check out their gluten-free. A good selection, but expensive! Two muffins $9!


Quiche $22.


And valet parking $60?? Take an Uber.




COOKING
Saturday beef short rib slow cooker stew (leftovers for lunch)

Sunday roasted chicken thighs, mashed cauliflower and turnips, roast potatoes

Monday chevaps on pitas. The Longo's brand is not as good as Royal Meats!

Tuesday rotisserie chicken

Wednesday stuffed cabbage rolls. Used Betty Crocker recipe, it didn't cook long enough for the rice.

Thursday mashed cauliflower potatoes, mashed turnips and bacon. My mother would make this and I haven't had it in over 30 years.

Friday Wagyu steak, mushrooms and baguette.



WATCHING
Lupin - watched the latest season.

We jumped onto the Fall of the House of Usher wagon, not usually my cup of tea, but it is well done.
The Fall of the House of Usher is an 2023 American gothic horror drama television miniseries loosely based on the short story of the same name and other works by Edgar Allan Poe.
The CEO of a corrupt pharmaceutical company faces his questionable past when his children start dying in mysterious and brutal ways.

Bodies is a 2023 British crime thriller limited series primarily written by Paul Tomalin. based on the DC Vertigo comic and graphic novel of the same name.
Four detectives in four different time periods of London find themselves investigating the same murder.

READING
I finished To Tell You the Truth and I was not impressed, very disappointed in the ending. It felt like it was just suddenly cobbled together. Many unanswered loose ends.

I finished The Sisters, which turned out to be a prequel short story, which was odd to me and I wanted more.

The Loyal Wife started off slowly but picked up until it hit a too convenient ending. But everyone likes to see the bad guy get his.

The Perfect Marriage - I'm not sure if I can finish this. The writing is bad as is the editing. But the husband character is an absolute moron!! The initial police investigation is so badly handled it is laughable.

7 comments:

  1. We have started season 3 of Lupin too. I'm not sure I am liking it as well as season 1.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a coat quite stuffed to that extent but I guess that is what you need for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daughter bought me a similar coat last holiday season in a lovet green and I love it as it's so light and so toasty.
    I couldn't get into the House of Usher (and I absolutely loved Succession), I found the myriad of characters in Ep 1 too hard to track, does that get any easier to follow?
    Our mothers did similar stuff with those turnips *smile" streaky bacon was a big thing back home.
    And Ps "Payback" on Britbox is riveting esp the first 3 episodes.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the first episode of Usher did tend to have too many characters, it does get easier. I really enjoyed having turnips with bacon, brought back nice memories.
      I have resisted signing on for Britbox but.....

      Delete
  4. I must look for Lupin. Thanks for the heads up.

    I say yes to the coat. Do you know that I have never had a winter coat?

    And I would also say yes to the pumpkin cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Netflix is confusing me by calling this PART 3 of Lupin. My TV Time app is calling it Season 2. Whatever it is, I can't wait until I have time to watch the latest episodes! Love it so much!

    Please...don't tell me about a $22 quiche when I'm still choking over a $17 loaf of sour dough bread from a local bakery in Burbank.

    I never had a need for a winter coat in my life until I went to Arkansas to take care of my Mom. I was tempted to leave it (more of a heavy jacket, really) and my snow boots behind, but my German friends thought that was ridiculous so I tossed them in the rental car and brought them home to L.A. with me. We'll see if I ever have a use for them. That coat you tried on looks nice! Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.