Monday, April 10, 2023

Monday Mural

  I'm linking up at Monday Mural 

February 2023 - Hamilton ON

This massive Peregrine Falcon mural (representing Hamilton's unofficial city bird) is one of the first of its kind. Before he coloured in the bird, artist Scott McDonald, invited passersby to scan a QR code to try their hand at painting their own version. He then projected the best ten and asked the public to vote on their favourite via Instagram. The resulting blue, green and yellow piece was the people's choice!



10 YEARS OF MONDAY MURAL


I thought for fun, that I would reverse post my Monday Murals - May 2013.

FIRST MURAL I EVER TOOK A PHOTO OF - IN CANADA!

This was taken in Toronto on Yonge St. back in 1989 or 1990. It is a scanned copy. I remember it to this day as the first piece of street art that I noticed!


4 comments:

  1. Yes, your explanation of the weird falcon colours was helpful to me. The mural is good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I can't remember my first mural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how that artist chose to let others try their luck at coloring in that Peregrine Falcon. I think these are beautiful colors. It was hard for me to realize that was a mural you found from the late 80s. Loved the falcon, though.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.