Sunday, August 9, 2020

My Recipe Box - Giant Croutons


August 2020 - Toronto ON

John has been buying his gluten free baguettes from a local gluten free bakery. I find them too heavy and dense. They are the weight of a brick!
They do make excellent bread crumbs for stuffing!

John bought me the Jamie Oliver 30 Minute cookbook for my birthday, he had to track a copy down in the UK as we couldn't find any here.


I've been watching reruns of his show when I am in the kitchen. I saw him make what he called croutons and tried it for bread with pasta and it worked really well.

Giant Croutons

Slice a loaf of ciabatta into 2cm-thick slices. Season with salt and pepper, a drizzle of oil, 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds, 2 crushed cloves of garlic, 3-4 bruised cloves of garlic, and a few sprigs of rosemary. Rub the seasoning well onto the ciabatta slices. Arrange the seasoned ciabatta slices, in a single layer, in a roasting tin. Bake in 200°C (400 F) oven until crisp.
I ended up turning the broiler on to get them nice and crispy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.