Monday, March 16, 2020

Foto Tunes

Tom the backroads traveller hosts this weekly meme.

Cliffs of Moher Ireland

One of my favourite places on this earth, it can bring me to rears.



(If the video does not play here on the blog follow the link underneath to its YouTube location)


So I say a little prayer
And hope my dreams will take me there
Where the skies are blue to see you once again, my love.
Over seas from coast to coast
To find the place I love the most
Where the fields are green to see you once again, my love.

The Cliffs of Moher have been used as the location for many movies over the years. The credit list is extensive.
The Yank – 2013 – Wet Ears Productions
Blind Pass – 2012 – Midnight Pass Productions
Burke & Hare – 2010 – Ealing Studios
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince – 2009 – Warner Brothers Studios
Into the West -1992 – Parallel Films
Hear My Song – 1992 – Miramax
The Princess Bride – 1987 – MGM
The Mackintosh Man – 1973 – Warner Brothers
Ryan's Daughter- 1970 – Warner Brothers
The Guns of Navarone – 1961 – Columbia Pictures

In addition to these Cliffs of Moher movies TV shows (Father Ted, The Riordans), music videos (Westlife – My Love) and advertisements (Guinness, AIB, Riverdance, Irish Mist) have all been filmed at the Cliffs of Moher. They feature on the album sleeve of U2’s The Unforgettable Fire and in countless news, travel and wildlife programmes aired around the world.


At 3:13 in the video you can see The Cliffs of Moher. Irish boy band Westlife- My Love





Our last visit was a very very rainy day!!




Better weather other times!

2004


1991

John and his ass, literally!

2 comments:

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.