Friday, August 19, 2022

Weekend Roundup

Welcome to The Weekend Roundup...hosted by Tom The Back Roads Traveler

1. Starts with "G."
2. A Favorite
3.  GRAND 




Starts with "G"
GREEN GRASS GARDEN GRAND (bonus!) Mackinac Island Michigan


FAVOURITE

GIANT Wild GOOSE Pagoda Xian China has a GOLD Buddha.

It was built in 652 during the Tang dynasty and originally had five stories. The structure was rebuilt in 704 during the reign of Empress Wu Zetian, and its exterior brick facade was renovated during the Ming dynasty. One of the pagoda's many functions was to hold sutras and figurines of the Buddha that were brought to China from India by the Buddhist translator and traveler Xuanzang.




GRAND






6 comments:

  1. ...Jackie, once again you travelled for these GREAT Gs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the little cart is my favorite although if I were to be where
    I could touch one, it would be the GOLD Buddha.
    It is nice to be back here, Jackie, google did me in and relegated
    me to the anonymous classification. That computer cratered and
    now I am using an older laptop that my younger son gave me.
    Well, google hasn't fussed about this on and now I can post again.
    Sorry I've been forced to miss you, I could look but not comment.
    Several others are that way also.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are back, Jim. My husband also fell into the anonymous classification. Bloglovin' has been misbehaving as well.

      Delete
  3. I go with William - would love to visit the last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little cart is sweet but not too sure seeing the cart what standard the hotel might be Jackie!! I am just back from Sweden and I hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.