Friday, August 16, 2019

Weekend Roundup

Welcome to The Weekend Roundup...hosted by Tom The Back Roads Traveler
ABC Wednesday

1. Starts with "G"
2. A Favorite
3.   GREEN - chosen by Tom

Starts with "G"

With a name like McGuinness you know I have to feature Guinness this week, as part of my ongoing beer soaked alphabet round.
AND it just happens to be my Dad's birthday, he would have been 92!


GLASSES of GUINNESS at Dublin's GUINNESS Storehouse in 2015.



FAVOURITE 

GUINNESS GATES


Old GEEZER outside GUINNESS GRANDSTANDING for photos.



GREEN

No, it is not going to be green beer on St.Patrick's Day, as no self-respecting Irish person would touch that stuff!
But this is St. Patrick's Day in Las Vegas in 2014.








LAST CALL

GRAVEDIGGERS Pub in GLASNEVIN.

The pub got its nickname because it’s built into the wall of Glasnevin Cemetery – famous for being Ireland’s first cemetery where people of all faiths could be lain to rest – and gravediggers frequented the spot after a long night shift.




9 comments:

  1. ...Jackie, I must say the Guinness and Green are a Given for you! Gravediggers is an interesting bit of history too. You are doing a Great job with your beer theme. I hope that you have a Great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as I am Irish I have been laughing (in a good way) at all the green and Irish thing you came up with. You made my day perhaps even weekend! I hope you have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this weeks theme was made for you! Wonderful collection of pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great name, Gravediggers! Love the green hair, but that Geezer shot is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guinness on tap is the only way to have it in the U.S. Ever since the bottles and cans have been mass distributed by a big company over here, its taste got lost in the translation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, sante then ;-)

    Have a heartwarming en splendid ABC-Wednes-day / -week
    M e l o d y (team ABC-W)
    https://melodyk.nl/25-G

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.