Wednesday, January 18, 2012

365 Decluttering - Recap

I was reading Cindy's blog about how much stuff we all have. And no, I'm not the Jacqueline she mentions in her post.


I have been on a 365 delcuttering campaign this year as well. I haven’t blogged on the topic recently, but that doesn’t mean I have stopped.
I had a charity pick up NINE bags a few weeks ago!!
I agree we all have way too much stuff.
I want to get rid of my china and crystal as we never use them and they really are not my style. I’m just not sure how to sell them or if there is any value to them. I don’t want to give them away as they are Royal Albert and some Waterford crystal.







Other stuff decluttered as I've found the stuff:
TO FRIENDS/FAMILY
Books to a friend
More books to a friend
Some cookbooks to a friend
Knitting books to a friend
Some makeup - garbage - never liked it
A towel to charity. We just have too many too store
2 set of bath towels - niece off to university
2 sets of sheets -niece off to university
1 Tupperware container -niece


4 wine glasses
2 other wine glasses


 cleared out all our Christmas ornaments!! Some went to a good friend, some to family and some were just too grungy so were thrown out and a box for charity.




CHARITY
Some sewing material
3 keyrings
Spring coat
Wrapping papers
20 large plastic water glasses sent by water company as a promotion.
A sweater belonging to DH.


4 linen napkins - charity


4 place mats - charity
Camera strap - we bought a better one for DH's camera from Black Rapid - charity



Tortilla warmer - hardly ever used.

Serving jar
More electronics found in closet


GARBAGE
Rotting fireplace screen from the garage into the garbage.
2 burned down candles - garbage
Broken umbrella - garbage


Several items from pantry and freezer not worth "saving".
Another round of fridge, pantry and freezer found out dated items
Empty CD container.
Cigar box I was saving for something or another


Part of a curtain rod - garbage
Old mop handle - garbage
Wedding VHS tape - don't ask - garbage


Old candle - garbage
Packaging for the ornaments - garbage 








Started filing year-end paper work:


Huge pile of papers shredded
1 music CD - garbage


2 travel wallets - charity
BONUS finally found something I've been looking for!
A huge folder of Photoshop articles - garbage
Old income tax forms - blanks















1 comment:

  1. I have been decluttering too. It feels great to be a little lighter of stuff!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.