Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Recipe Box - Pork Stock

There's a fly in my soup. Don't worry the spider on the roll will get him.


I took the remaining meat from Sunday/Monday's roast and sliced it thinly. It will be added to the soup stock when I complete the stock and make it into a meal.

Pork bone with any crackle
Ginger
Onion
Bay leaf (frozen from my plant last winter)
Garlic
Water to cover
Salt

I have some leftover chicken stock that I will add at the end.

Cover, bring to a boil then simmer for a few hours.
Strain and put in fridge until the fat rises to the top and can be discarded.

One recipe I have made with this stock is Asian meatball soup but this time since I have the sliced meat will
likely make this Asian pork and ginger soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.