Saturday, December 7, 2013

Song-ography



Here's a new fun meme to join! You'll Shoot Your Eye Out rules are:

1.  Would be kinda cool if you would link back to my blog somewhere...ANYWHERE
2.  Would be kinda cool if you "followed" me.  Not to the bathroom or anything creepy...just here in blog-land.
3.  Please link up using your permalink URL.
4.  Photos MAY or MAY NOT be recently taken.  Heck, sometimes you might see a song title and think "I ALREADY have an amaaaaaaazing photograph for that song title!"  No reason you shouldn't use it.  Amazing is amazing regardless of when it's taken, right?
5.  Would be kinda cool if you'd visit some of the other participants and leave a kind word or two.  I'm from Philly, and you KNOW we have a rep for being the kindest and friendliest peeps in the world :)
6.  You may have one photo,  or drop a photo bomb of photos in your link up post.  Just please make sure your photo(s) are an interpretation of the song title for the week. 
7.  Link-up will be available beginning Sunday mornings.
8.  Tell lots, and LOTS of your blogging friends so I don't feel like I'm sitting at the school lunch table all by myself on Sunday morning.  I don't want to be a "Lonesome Loser" and have to post a photo about it.Got it?  Sunday, link up, song titles, photographs that are interpretations, a mash up I'm calling Song-ography, be there...YO.

Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows



They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique, and a swingin' hot spot
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
December 2013 - Fort Myers Florida


[Vanessa Carlton]
Ooooh, bop bop bop
Ooooh, bop bop bop

[Adam]
They took all the trees, and put em in a tree museum
And they charged the people a dollar and a half to see them
No, no, no
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot

[Vanessa]
Ooooh, bop bop bop
Ooooh, bop bop bop

[Adam]
Hey farmer, farmer, put away your DDT
I don't care about spots on my apples,
Leave me the birds and the bees
Please
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
Hey now, they paved paradise to put up a parking lot
Why not?
November 2013 - South Carolina


Listen, late last night, I heard the screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi took my girl away

November 2013 - South Carolina
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot

10 comments:

  1. Perfect post for this song! Hope your holiday season is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of the original Joni Mitchell version of that classic song, great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW...all your images are PERFECT for today's song!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos fit the theme perfectly! I think you're the only one of us who actually caught a taxi to show. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've actually got a shot of a big yellow taxi! :). These shots are spot on perfect for the lyrics in today's song. Thanks for joining in on Song-ography, and I hope you are enjoying the holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly - great selection of pictures to match up with the lyrics. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots for the song. I love that you actually have a Yellow Taxi !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect taxi shot for the song

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete