Saturday, July 13, 2013

Song-ography



Here's a new fun meme to join! You'll Shoot Your Eye Out rules are:

1.  Would be kinda cool if you would link back to my blog somewhere...ANYWHERE

2.  Would be kinda cool if you "followed" me.  Not to the bathroom or anything creepy...just here in blog-land.

3.  Please link up using your permalink URL.

4.  Photos MAY or MAY NOT be recently taken.  Heck, sometimes you might see a song title and think "I ALREADY have an amaaaaaaazing photograph for that song title!"  No reason you shouldn't use it.  Amazing is amazing regardless of when it's taken, right?

5.  Would be kinda cool if you'd visit some of the other participants and leave a kind word or two.  I'm from Philly, and you KNOW we have a rep for being the kindest and friendliest peeps in the world :)

6.  You may have one photo,  or drop a photo bomb of photos in your link up post.  Just please make sure your photo(s) are an interpretation of the song title for the week. 

7.  Link-up will be available beginning Sunday mornings.

8.  Tell lots, and LOTS of your blogging friends so I don't feel like I'm sitting at the school lunch table all by myself on Sunday morning.  I don't want to be a "Lonesome Loser" and have to post a photo about it.
Got it?  Sunday, link up, song titles, photographs that are interpretations, a mash up I'm calling Song-ography, be there...YO.


And here you go, our FIRST Song-ography song title for Sunday, July 14th (drum roll puhleeze)....."Homeward Bound" by Simon and Garfunkel (I give it an '8' Dick Clark.  Nice slow beat that's good for slow dancing in the spotlight dance).  Seriously one of my all-time favs.



July 2013 - Calgary Alberta

Here's my selection for Homeward Bound! This was taken last weekend at Heritage Park in Calgary  in the Gasoline Alley Museum: One of the world’s largest public collections of antique trucks, cars and petroliana from the 1930s, '40s and '50s.
This certainly was a luxurious way to travel homeward bound!




12 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This museum looks like a photograpgher's paradise to me! That trunk in the first shot is amazing...and it's ALMOST large enough to fit my whole shoe collection on a "Homeward Bound" excursion :). Thanks for joining in on Song-ography, hope to see you next week again. Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA you should have heard my husband last week when we were organizing our new closets and he put in the shoe racks and saw how many pairs I had!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A plethora of photographic wonderment. Great choices for this week's song prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who collects/restores old cars. He would be all over this. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved vintage trunks. And vintage cars. And you have them together in the same photo. This is a perfect interpretation of "Homeward Bound." Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shot reminded me of scenes from Downton Abbey & the car driving away with all the luggage on the back.
    Love this interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the trunk! Such a timeless travel icon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They did travel in style in those days didn't they. I love how shiny and polished this car looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those old cars are so incredible! Wonderful shots. Linking up from Song-ography. Glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, I am a big fan of all things vintage

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - this museum is a photographer's dream. I need to get out to museums more often, especially when feeling stale of what to photograph next. Great interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the old cars and museum! I'd love to go there and have some fun taking photos as well. To me, that would also definitely be homeward bound because my dad is really into old cars. I always think of him when I see them. :)

    ReplyDelete