Saturday, April 13, 2013

Weekend Cooking



When in Branson Missouri you must visit Mel's Hard Luck Diner. We stopped in for lunch and loved the 1950s decor. The servers walk around singing and will sit right down with you.
Most of the staff have CDs for sale, and they will even autograph them for you. Staff will go out of their way to pose while they are singing, if you have a camera handy. Our server was Karen Richardson and she was amazing. Several American Idol contestants have sung there as well. Most of the servers also perform in the various shows in Branson hoping to be discovered.


Here's a quick video











T








13 comments:

  1. Cool Diner, looks like a fun place! And the milkshakes look delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catchy name, Hard Luck Diner :) Visiting from FTF!

    <a href="http://www.atwerpslife.com/stickhouse-italian-gelato-on-a-stick/”>The Twerp and I</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an outrageously fun concept! What's the guy sipping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect to quench the thirst Sis, like the singer waitress that is so cool :-) Dropping by from lasts weeks FTF

    http://www.homecookingwithjessy.com/deviled-eggs-from-easter-dinner/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that's cool, instant entertainer around. must be nice to be there! i bet you had fun. visiting late from last week's FTF, hope you can visit me back. thanks and have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great place! I love the decor and the singing waitresses. Sounds like a diner I'd love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a diner like that in NYC...I forget the name..but it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a fun diner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this. My mother loved this diner so much that she and I went three times in a four day trip. She's been gone for almost 8 years (hard to believe), so I'm thrilled to know that the diner is still there and still making people smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like dining there would be a treat. my dauther is a singer, she woud love this. Will have to ask my mom if she ate there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun place! Wonder if I'll ever be passing through Branson...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder if people ever have a hard time ordering because they don't want to interrupt their server in mid-song! ;)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.